Trying to Grow my Crop

Willie Nelson has been hanging out at the garage door looking all casual-like while he nibbles on a mint leaf.  I finally asked him what he was up to and he winked at me and responded "Don't worry.  I've got your back."
Not knowing what he was referring to, I asked him to clarify.
"Do you really think no one notices the lights humming all night in the garage and the increase in humidity and power consumption in there?" he responds.
"Well I am sure they do"' I told him, "but I do not know why that means you have to guard the garage door."
"Don't worry", he says again.  "I got this.  You go work on your story just in case...if you know what I mean."  Wink Wink
"What story? I have no story.  I started the vegetable plants in the garage.  I have 70 tomato plants in there.  Do you know what that means?" I ask him enthusiastically.  "Considering that a tomato plant sells for $5 that is $350 worth of plants.  Then if you consider the fruit each will bear...I usually get around 10 tomatoes per plant so that is 700 tomatoes.  Consider that a tomato costs $2/lb...I am talking organic heritage varities here of course than that is $1400 in produce that I am starting in that garage.  That does not even take into consideration the broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, strawberries, cucumbers, sweet peppers and hot peppers that I am busy growing in there too.  This is a thriving enterprise here! Think of the money I am going to save! Literally our families' bread and butter!"  I am nearly hysterical with anticipation of the bounty at this point.
"Ohhhhh....good story, good story!" Willie Nelson praises enthusiastically.  "That might actually keep you out of jail. You go work on it some more because personally I am not sure about the bread and butter part.  When you hear me shout Cops! get some gardening clothes on and we will give that a go."

Sigh...that is going to be one disappointed cat in two weeks time when the plants go in the garden....


Comments

Popular Posts