What Is Said...and What Is Heard

Not sure if any of you experience this in your relationships but sometimes I will say something to John and he will hear something entirely different.
This week we had a huge windstorm at the ranch. Lots and lots of trees have blown over on fences and trails. There is nothing I like more than to leap into action with my chainsaw in hand. This time though some particularly large trees have bit the dust. My chainsaw is a pretty good size although it does not look like it next to these big trees. My chainsaw and I are making our way through them bit by bit but we are both smoking hot from the effort. Today I said to John "I think I need a bigger chainsaw" and he said "OK". Not sure what he thinks I said to him but I am taking that 'OK' straight to the bank.
I turned to my stalwart companion Daisy and said "Let's go buy a chainsaw". She responded with a little more enthusiasm than expected.  On our way out the door she excitedly asked me if she could pick out her own chocolate bar.  And so the circle continues...



Comments

Popular Posts