Old is the New Young

I have always enjoyed tinkering. Trying to figure out how something works and then making it work again makes my day. From washing machines to balers to Keurig coffee machines, I have had parts spread out across counters and lawns. Like a giant puzzle I fit pieces back together, put new pieces in place and tighten and file and clean the whole mess until everything is running ship shape again. Recently, after several repairs, I had to reluctantly give up on my dishwasher. When I traded in my old one for a new model the dealer was pretty sure that at 23 years old my dishwasher was pushing some sort of record. I still happily darn socks, make pillow cases out of old sheets, mend clothing and  I am currently pursuing my latest obsession of un-paper towels. There is just so much value in these older objects and perhaps because I am getting older too I empathize with them and hate to see them casually discarded for newer younger models. So I loved this article. Let’s all kick up our heels and be awesome repair mavens!


https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/climate-concerns-boost-interest-in-repairs-1.5482563

Comments

Popular Posts