Being a Honey Badger

I am not very brave.  I want to be more brave.  I want to be a Honey Badger.  Daisy is very brave.  For those of you familiar with the Honey Badger, I often say in response to Daisy's brazen behaviour "Daisy doesn't give a shit".  That does not mean that she doesn't care for those around her.  She often rushes to the defense of Austin and the other members of the Whole Health Group but she does not let her actions be guided by what people think of her. Austin and I struggle with this concept.  We worry about what people might think of us.  We worry about cougars in trees.   We worry about pretty much everything.  I am trying to stop doing this.  Austin is very worried about that.
I am not advocating being insensitive or rude to people.  That is not brave!  I am advocating being your own person, exploring your own interests, and walking your own path without fear of repercussions or judgement.  I am advocating "not giving a shit" about people passing judgement for the sake of passing judgement.
Daisy is showing me the way.  She remains unabashedly proud of levitating onto the dining room table and eating the birthday cake.
Recently my friend Shona visited from Vancouver.  I don't think she would mind if I compared her to Daisy.  After all, like Daisy, she is a very brave person.  She will tell you exactly what she thinks which I love.  And she will march right up to the front door and through the yard of your former home in Edmonton to have a better look at how the  place is being kept.  She won't be trespassing because it is now owned by the University of Alberta Hospital and is the office for the Kids with Cancer Foundation.  The gate will be wide open welcoming us onto the grounds and I will scamper behind brave Shona thankful she is showing me the way because I have been too afraid to go through that gate on my own during my previous visits.  After all someone could be watching out the window and what would they think of me?  It was wonderful to see the old house and show the kids the windows to their bedrooms.  That house has its own story linked to another brave woman.  I am still discovering that story and will tell it one day when I know it better.  It was nice to be in that brave space again and I owe thanks to my Honey Badger friend Shona.


Note: language in this video is offensive...hilarious but offensive.  And the Honey Badger doesn't give a shit...



In the yard with brave Shona's husband Jeff, two brave young ladies of whom I am very proud and one worried looking me.  I am still working on that Honey Badger thing.

Comments

Popular Posts