About the Eyes and I's



Gazing out over the land, Daisy exclaims "I cannot believe you did all of this for me! Now that the long grass is cut, I can see way across the field. I had no idea I was held in such high esteem here!"
Not wanting to crush Daisy's optimistic outlook on her position in the family, I gently explain to her that we in fact cut the long grass to make the hay bale that she is currently standing upon; however, we are really happy that one of the benefits is Daisy's improved view, I tell her.
Either not hearing me due to her diminished hearing or stoutly refusing to believe that the hours of cutting the hayfield could not have been done for any other purpose than to improve her view across the field, Daisy continues to marvel at what she can see. ' Even with vision in only one of my eyes', Daisy continues, 'I can see clear across the field. Look at that! Here comes one of the neighbour's dogs to greet us. Isn't that marvellous! I can hardly wait to meet them.' Daisy exclaims. 'Wow that is a pretty big dog.  Now that he is getting closer I can see he is  kind of gray in colour. I wonder what breed it is? Now that lope..hmmm....I have seen that before. Think, think, think....when have I seen that...."
Trying to be helpful and with her much sharper vision Annabel says, "Are you talking about that wolf running towards us Daisy?"
"What!?!", Daisy shouts in alarm. Whipping around and observing the departing backs of the rest of the whole health group far off in the distance, she turns to Annabel and says, "Do you know how many 'i's' are in 'survival of the fittest'?"
"No how many?" asks Annabel
"Tell you what", says Daisy over her departing shoulder, "How about you count them and then see if you can catch up with us."


Comments

Popular Posts