Happy Carnival Day

Daisy showed up to group this morning sporting a baseball bat and singing out "Happy Carnival Day".  Whaaat?  I am confused.  Daisy tells me it is the most marvellous thing.  For some strange reason on this day every year, the vermin in the field pop their heads out of their holes.  Each year, says Daisy, I get to relive the glory of my carnival groupie days when I reigned as the 'Whack the Gopher' game champion.  Daisy, I exclaim, today is Groundhog Day.  This is the day when the groundhog pops his head out of his burrow to see if he can see his shadow.  It is how we predict when winter will end.  If he sees his shadow, we have another 6 weeks of winter to endure.  Hitting the baseball bat methodically against her paw, Daisy responds, I recommend he looks quick.

Comments

Popular Posts