It Snowed And That's OK

It snowed today...alot.  I found the soft whiteness of the world to be peacefully marvellous.  I seemed to be the only one.  It became much more peaceful after I marched the pack of naysayers back to the house and told them to stay put while I went out for a walk in the woods.  Monty assured me that he had not said one negative word and begged to join me.  While the rest of the Whole Health Group grumbled into their morning kibbles about the terrible state a world must be in when there is a snowstorm on April 29th, Monty and I wandered off into the whiteness.  With big snow flakes falling and soft quiet everywhere it brought to mind A Winter Eden by Robert Frost

A winter garden in an alder swamp

Where cronies now come out to sun and romp


As near a paradise as it can be

And not melt snow or start a dormant tree

It lifts existence on a plane of snow

One level higher than the earth below




One level nearer heaven overhead


Comments

Popular Posts