The Snow Less Travelled

Thinking I am a whole lot smarter this time around, I produce snowshoes and tell the group "this time we can walk on top of the snow".  Looking about and realizing that the only pair of snowshoes are mine, the group tells me I am on my own.  "Better yet", says Daisy, "take that Relief Guy with you.  He seems to be as insanely optimistic as you".


So the Relief Guy and I head out on our own with our snowshoes to find the boundaries of the ranch while the Whole Health Group waits with bated breath to see if we return....or they just nap.

Relief Guy demonstrates to me the art of snowshoeing with a vigorous march off into the woods and the expectation that I will be following in his path..

I don't march and I don't follow...I take my own path.

Despite the diverging paths, we stay on top of the snow.  Look at those snowshoe prints on top of the snow...beside the deep holes in the snow made by our boots on our last journey.  Oh yes, we are good.  We know what we are doing.  We are experts.

Well some of us are....

The Relief Guy tells me that it is not a good time to point out the moose tracks on top of the crust of snow after he has fallen through the crust of snow wearing snowshoes no less...and to marvel at how such a big heavy beast like a moose can stay on top of the snow.


After wandering aimlessly on different paths and even trying the less travelled road, we still have no idea where we are and have not figured out the boundaries of the ranch.  We decide that is a summertime task and 'that has made all the difference'.


We return to the loghouse still speaking which is a marvel to us.  The Whole Health Group is still napping which is not a marvel to us.

Comments

Popular Posts