Is That All There Is?

I haven't been getting anything from my group these days. I watch every little sniff and scratch and yowl for the inner meaning...and nothing!  Daisy tells me a sniff is just a sniff.  No, I respond, there used to be so much more to this.  All of your messages, philosophical meanderings and life lessons - where have they gone?  What is it, I cry to my group.  Why won't you teach me anymore?  Have you given up on me entirely?  Am I too old?  Do I just not get it?  Am I not learning fast enough?  Why oh why will you not show me the way, I shout out in a state of extreme anxiety.  Falling to the ground, I clutch at Daisy's ankles and beg her...Is that all there is, is that all there is?  Daisy leans in to me and says "If that's all there is my friend, then let's keep dancing.  Let's break out the booze and have a ball.  If that's all there is."

Comments

Popular Posts