A Smiling Irish Eye

I can't say I was surprised one bit this morning when Daisy surfed out of her kennel on a wave of beer bottles.  After all she did warn me.  The surprise came later when I was finally able to discern the words to the song that Daisy was burbling as she weaved through the field.  I tell Daisy that it is supposed to be 'When Irish eyes are smiling"  not "when an Irish eye is smiling".  Daisy tells me that when you are a beagle with one bum eye it is "an Irish eye".  Still attempting to make my point I respond that I am struggling with any sentence that contains both of the words 'beagle' and 'irish'.  Letting out a loud belch, Daisy leans in toward me and says "If you never did you should.  These things are fun and fun is good."  Since I do not ever argue with Dr. Seus logic,  Daisy and I rounded out our time in the field merrily singing together about 'a smiling Irish eye'.

Comments

Popular Posts