Not a Bad Idea After All

Well Austin and I are pretty pleased with ourselves and Daisy is furious with us.  We hooked up our contraption on the weekend and I snapped on my skis and off we went.  Daisy unkowingly became a part of the exercise although Austin and I maintain that it was not our fault.  When Austin took off running, Daisy thought it was because he had spotted a food platter in the field and boy did she put her back into it.  I achieved an amazing speed as Daisy attempted to beat Austin to the so-called tray of hot dogs.  Our trip back to the house was much slower as not only did Austin have to pull me but also the lump of sulking Daisy trailing behind me.  Unlike Daisy, Monty was pretty pleased with the whole exercise.  Even though he has gamely agreed to provide first aid, he tells us that beyond carrying the packet on his hips he hasn't a clue what first aid is.  The only thing that he does know is that despite Daisy's insistence to the contrary, the first aid kit is not edible.  Rose, getting right to the point, wants to know how on earth having a beagle drag me around a field on skis is going to contribute to my objective of better health through weight loss.  Obviously Rose does not understand the huge amounts of calories that can be burned off through fear.



And we are off....


Daisy still believing in the elusive food platter




The celebatory snow bath.

Comments

Popular Posts