The Sky is Falling

Well the wheels have really come off the wagon of the whole health group now.  Daisy has locked herself in her kennel and is refusing to come out.  According to Daisy, a chunk of the sky fell on her the other day and she says the world is ending.  I have tried telling her it was just some ice falling off the tree that she was walking under.  Daisy retorts that if it was just ice then it had to be ice off the whole tree because it was quite the whallop.  As a matter of fact, I tell Daisy, it was the ice off a whole tree - a huge maple tree.  Daisy refuses to believe this.  Apparently it dang near flattened her which means, according to Daisy, it was either a chunk of the sky or a meteorite.  Daisy has been sitting in her kennel poring over the Mayan calendar and chanting 'the end is near'.  Daisy's antics have driven Austin's anxieties to new heights and this morning I found him in the backyard lashing firewood together to build a raft.  That is enough, I tell Austin.  No more watching the movie 2012 for you.  Besides, I continue to tell Austin, the last time a meteorite hit the earth it caused an Ice Age not a flood.  As I lay on my back in the snow with Austin jumping up and down on my stomache like a trampoline and chanting 'give me my sweater' over and over again, I wondered when I would ever learn to think before I speak.

Comments

Popular Posts