Resolutions

I never know what to think of this New Year's Resolution thing.  I am very suspicious of the whole process.  It feels as though I am setting myself up for failure right from the beginning so I am very reluctant to resolve anything.  I often wonder if this means that I don't have the will power to commit to a long term objective or maybe I just have a very short attention span.  This morning, I turned to my group for guidance and asked them if they had made any resolutions this year.  Monty wants to know what a resolution is? That sets me back a bit as I had never really thought about the meaning of a resolution but I tell Monty it is something that you decide that you want to do in the coming year.  Monty wants to know if he can resolve to sleep more.  While I am busy pondering that concept as a New Years resolution, Austin chimes in that he would like his sweater for a New Year's resolution.  I tell Austin that a resolution has to be something he can do himself.  He can't resolve to have somebody else do something.  OK then says Austin, I resolve to bite you unless you produce my sweater within the next week. Mmmm more food for thought here.  This has taken an interesting turn and I decide the group is simply proving my point as to why we should all avoid making New Year's resolutions. Daisy then tells us that she doesn't really believe in making resolutions at the beginning of a new year.  She prefers a minute by minute resolution process.  After all she wouldn't want to miss an opportunity because she is stuck in the rut of an outdated resolution. Somehow this makes sense to me and that is a whole new worry.

Comments

Popular Posts