Then Sings My Soul

We get our water out of a cistern here.  As a result we have become much more water conscious.  My level of conciousness was heightened today when one of our water pipes burst.  After a hefty plumbing bill, our yellow warning light is now glowing on the side of the garage telling us and all of our neighbours that our water level is dangerously low and we are in need of an immediate fill up.  This also meant that the Relief Guy and I had to walk over to the loghouse so our daughter could take one desperately required shower (according to her).  With my sore eye from aforementioned bear attack and his sore arm from the rugby game, we were not happy about this at all and our grumblings made that plain to anyone who cared to listen.

As we embarked on our journey back to our house with the freshly laundered daughter, I turned to have a last look at the lake.



After a long time of absolute stunned silence, I turned to the Relief Guy and said, "I have this beautiful music playing in my head and the words, 'then sings my soul'.  And the Relief Guy who has a much better memory and singing voice than I, started to sing a long forgotten favourite hymn.  I learned tonight that it is a surprisingly short step from grumbling to Glorious.

Comments

Popular Posts