Weird and Wonderful

 The cutting of the grass on the lawn has commenced.  It has been a weird and wonderful experience.  Our lawn is kilometers of trails through the forest.  They need to be maintained as they are part of a network of hiking trails in this area and we plan on using them for our own business venture.  Maintaining them means keeping the grass cut and the shrubberies and branches cleared off the trails.

These are our branches!

This is the pile of 'branches' that Morgan cleared with a hand saw...

In the past when I have cut the lawn, I have spent hours on the lawn mower but in those cases I was going round and round in circles very close to the garage in which resided the tank of gas.  It used to be a great time for daydreaming since, as my neighbours can attest, I was never very interested in making geometrical designs on my lawn.
There is no going in circles here and I am not close to any gas cans. Today is day three of this grass cutting adventure and I have figured out that I get a little over 2 hours of cutting time on one tank of gas. I follow a trail for an hour and then I turn around and follow that trail all the way back to the garage to refill the tank of my beloved 20 horsepower John Deere, cutting grass all the while.  I keep discovering new trails and I am no where near being done.   So off I drive following the trails through meadows, into gullies, around ponds, over hills and through the forest. It is all a little weird.  There is no need for daydreaming though as the scenery is a lot wonderful.












Comments

Popular Posts