What Are The Odds?

Well this is the first time I am the sole adult on the ranch as the Relief Guy is out wandering the roads again.  I don't have a great sense for things yet so it is a bit of a worry.  You see, whenever Relief Guy wanders the road something weird happens at home.  Furnaces break, livestock get out, 7 baby goats are born in one night that has unexpectedly dropped to freezing temperatures, a child breaks an arm, same child breaks an ankle, no water, no lights, huge storm, two beagles get adopted....
This only occurs when Relief Guy is away.  By the time he gets home, everything is calm and peaceful again and he listens with some suspicion and disbelief to what happened while he was gone.

So here I sit...waiting and wondering....I am also trying to get into the spirit of my upcoming volunteer role so thought I would invite you to start a betting pool on what is going to happen in Relief Guy's absence.  Now keep in mind that the plumbing pipes just burst and emptied our cistern.  Not being that familiar with gambling, I do not know if that increases or decreases the odds of that happening again.  I will let you know after tonight.  Let the chips fall where they may, or the dice roll or the roulette wheel spin....

Comments

Popular Posts