To Mothers


Mother's Day got off to a bit of a rocky start with growling and hissing and barking....and that wasn't even the Whole Health Group.  As the clan struggled to re-orient themselves, I decided to give both them and myself the time and space to do that.  So off I wandered to have a better look at things and see how all the other Mothers were faring.


I have become quite fond of the muskrats.  This Mommy muskrat is giving herself a bit of a spa treatment before getting back into the action.


And a manicure!


It was nice to see the Daddy ducks out keeping track of the young while the Mommies rested.


Mommy goose was not going far from her nest.  I remember well when the babes needed a constant watchful eye.


Another pond with Mommies and Daddies enjoying the day.




And a Ducks Unlimited nesting box for the Mommies.


Looks like a Mommy is using this one from the tell tale feathers around the entrance.  Or maybe she is as challenged with her vacuum as I am with mine.


Don't want to meet that Mommy!


Then I encountered one of my young in the woods.  We walk and talk for a while and it was lovely.


We find a frog or a toad.  We are not sure which one.  They are all over the place.  Must be a Mommy frog picnic in the marsh.


Look at Daddy duck taking Mommy duck for a little tour.



We waited and waited and waited outside the beaver lodge but no one came out.  The Mother's Day Brunch must have been running a bit late.



While we waited, my friends the muskrats entertained us.




Another one of my young surprises me by paddling up and offering a canoe ride.  I am not asking, I am just enjoying!




Our bay is full of treasures.



 Wait a minute says my canoeist.  Can it be!!  Can it be what?  I wonder as we fly through the water under his steam.


Pelicans!  Lots and lots of pelicans right in our bay!


They are eating, exclaims the canoeist.  And this is good why? I ask.  That means we have fish! says the canoeist.  Oh, I say.  Hope the Mommy fish are doing OK.


It looks like they are vegetarians - phew!


And of course there are muskrats.


 Fun little muskrats!

Add caption
 Sunning on the rocks as all Mommies should be doing today.


 From growling, hissing, barking to soaring on the wind.  Thank you Mother Nature!


And in honour of Mother Nature, another young helped the Relief Guy put up my clothes line in the backyard. Yes that is the backyard. It was quite the feat.



While the youngest of the young prepared for the feast.

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

Popular Posts